Drawing Pixel Art
Updated at 2015-01-16 21:21
- Draw the character with pen or Photoshop. Focus on shapes, you can even leave out the colors.
- Overlay the image to a pixel paint program and color the areas using pixels. Don't use different shades of a single color.
- Add one shade of each color for deep shadows.
- Add smaller details, especially those that might cast a shadow.
- Add second shade of each color for shallow shadows.
- Add third shade of each color for highlight.
- Finalize. You can now use any shade in your chosen palette.