It helps to give your condition a name. Doesn't fix anything but helps you to introspect. For many, the condition might be called "burnout".
Burnout builds over time. It's that feeling that you are not doing enough. It might be at work or at home. You feel like a walking TODO-list and life feels like checking boxes.
Common burnout stressors:
- too many different things to do
- tools to do work are always on you
- finances e.g. debts, loans or rent
- fighting the system e.g. social workers or government
Common burnout cures:
- There is no silver bullet.
- Hobby like reading or playing music might help.
- Self-reflection helps, try to notice things that make you happy or stressed.
- Remind yourself that you have a body; exercise, even simple walks help.
- Delete job tools from your phone.
- Can't Even: How Millennials Became the Burnout Generation, Anne Helen Petersen