Food - Cauliflower Gratin
Updated at 2021-07-26 18:44
Cauliflower gratin or cauliflower cheese is a British, super easy, keto-friendly oven baked cauliflower dish with cheese.
Ingredients per serving:
- 175 - 200 g of cauliflower (frozen or fresh)
- 1 - 2,5 dl of heavy cream, depending on preferences
- 50 g or more of grated cheese (edam, emmental, blue cheese, mozarella, all work)
- black pepper and/or herbal salts
- Pull and cut your cauliflower to roughly equal size pieces and place them onto an oven-safe shallow dishes. I prefer to have a separate dish for each serving.
- Set oven for 225 °C.
- If your cauliflower are frozen straight from the freezer, place them alone in the oven now. The oven heating up will melt the cauliflower. Take them out when the oven is ready.
- Sprinkle black pepper and/or herbal salts to taste.
- Pour the cream on the cauliflower. The cauliflower don't need to be submerged in the cream.
- Add the grated cheese on top of the cauliflower or alternatively mix it with the cream, depending on preferences.
- Bake for 20 minutes and see if they look good. If not, check back in 4 minute intervals.